Return to Sports
What is the Return to Sports Physical Therapy?
With traditional physical therapy, there is a large gap between rehabilitation from surgery or injury and returning to sports. Our program bridges that gap to reduce re-injury and complications after surgery, as well as improve performance. For example, when recovering from an Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Tear.
- A small group program that improves the rehab process for active people after surgery and lower body injuries
- Customized treatment in a team-based, motivating and positive environment
- Specialized testing to make sure you are ready to return to sports and activity with the lowest possible risk of re-injury or injury to another body part
Your treatment may include:
- Therapeutic exercises
- Coordination and balance exercises
- Strength and conditioning
- Manual therapy, including dry needling, joint mobilization, soft tissue mobilization and instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Dynamic taping incorporated into sessions, including kinesio taping
What to Expect from Return to Sports
A licensed physical therapist who specializes in sports rehabilitation tests your ability to return to sports. We use criteria such as strength testing, range of motion, jump testing and motion analysis.
We use scores and findings to create a personalized program for you. We know when you are safe to move to the next level of your rehab or return to your sport or activity.
Our sessions include warm-up, cool down, neuromuscular re-education, manual therapy and strengthening to mimic the physical demands of a practice or competition.
You will work hard with other athletes and people with similar injuries and goals.
We also offer a Sports Group twice a week.