Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Pediatric occupational therapists specialize in helping children develop the skills they need to be as independent as possible. Our therapists use a play-based approach. We work with your child to help range of motion, strength, motor skills, sensory processing and self-care skills. Occupational therapists work closely with you and your child’s physician to maximize your child’s performance and help normal development.
What to Expect from Pediatric Occupational Therapy
We work with your child to increase function and cognitive skills that help in daily activities and school performance.
- Developmental delay
- Cerebral palsy and other neurological disorders
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Down syndrome and other genetic disorders
- Learning impairment
- Handwriting difficulties
- Mild sensory processing disorders
- Coordination and neuromuscular disorders
- Generalized weakness and low muscle tone