Therapy for Pelvic Pain in Men
Men experience pelvic pain in many ways. Intercourse may be painful or impossible. Sitting, walking, or wearing jeans or underwear may be painful. You may feel pelvic pain in the abdomen, lower back, hips or genitalia.
- Urge and stress urinary and fecal incontinence
- Pelvic pain, includinganorectal pain, levator ani syndrome and pudendal nerve entrapment
- Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome)
- Post prostatectomy
What to Expect from Therapy for Pelvic Pain
A men’s health physical therapist personalizes a treatment plan to improve and manage your pelvic symptoms and issues. Treatment happens in private rooms. Our goal is to ensure your wellness and dignity.
Options may include:
- Manual techniques
- Electrical stimulation to retrain the pelvic floor muscles
- Exercise specifically designed for your condition
- Behavior modification to teach you to use pelvic floor contractions for control
- Bladder retraining
- Pre-op visit for prostatectomy patients